Tuesday, June 08, 2010

» Post shortening on planet.opensuse.org

I just added a new feature on Planet openSUSE: articles with more than 100 words are shorted (see the "...") and have an additional "read more" link to read the full article on the host blog. I hope that this will enhance the readability, as we keep having massive entries that run across several screens (which, IMHO, ruin the experience of having an aggregator). Thanks to the Django developers from whom I blatantly stole some code to do the tedious word wrapping in HTML.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Today the shortening is not done at all. I noticed it yesterday and liked it. Thanks!

06:53  
Blogger Robin said...

good idea!
especially the weeky news posts made my scrollwheel burn ;)

12:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home